Sacramento Country Day Releases Five-Year Strategic Plan
Plan Focuses on Personalized Learning, Developing Community Partnerships and Leadership
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Sacramento Country Day School, the leading PK-12 independent school in the Sacramento region, this week released its updated Strategic Plan. The plan consists of three main pillars and outlines specific goals and various actions steps to implement each goal over the next five years.
Pillar 1: Personalize and Innovate the Student Learning Experience
- Develop flexible, student-centered educational pathways that challenge all students at a high academic level and inspire students to contribute to an ever-changing world.
- Continue to develop and implement strategies to support social and emotional student growth in an environment of inclusivity and mutual respect.
- Reimagine our time and schedule to maximize student learning.
Pillar 2: Serve and Partner with Our Community
- Implement a campus-wide service learning program that contributes to the greater good of local and global communities and provides students opportunities to build life skills and empathy for others.
- Establish partnerships within the Sacramento community to provide students a diverse array of cultural experiences and enrichment opportunities.
- Develop a robust culture of volunteerism and philanthropy at the school.
Pillar 3: Position Country Day as a Valued Thought Leader
- Act as a thought-leader on topics in the national discourse of independent schools and the broader community.
- Establish a clear identity and position Country Day within the marketplace of Sacramento to increase enrollment and retention.
- Build a campus hub/performing arts center that can host internal and external events, such as visiting scholars and a community speaker series.
- Create an off-campus hub in a strategic area of growth in Sacramento to host extension activities and expand the school’s presence.
“This plan serves as the blueprint for Sacramento Country Day School’s next five years, as we work to improve our exceptional and unparalleled program, forge new community partnerships and strengthen our presence in the Sacramento community and beyond. It is truly an exciting time for Country Day,” said Head of School Lee Thomsen.
The Strategic Plan was released in conjunction with Country Day’s 2017-18 Annual Report & Alumni News and mailed to parents, trustees, donors and other stakeholders.
To review the Strategic Plan brochure, please click here.
To review the 2017-18 Annual Report & Alumni News, please click here.
Contact: Director of Marketing and Communications Emily Allshouse, 916.481.8811