C-SPAN Bus Coming to Sacramento Country Day School on April 26
Students to Learn About Ways to Use C-SPAN Resources in the Classroom
Sacramento, CA – Sacramento Country Day School
is excited to announce the
C-SPAN Bus will be visiting campus Friday, April 26 from 9 – 11 a.m. to talk to students about the network’s public affairs programming and resources and how it covers the federal government in Washington, D.C. The C-SPAN Bus will be parked on the blacktop near Country Day’s Farm-to-Fork garden.
Students will learn about ways to use C-SPAN resources in the classroom and how C-SPAN can help them stay informed about the federal government. Students will also learn about StudentCam – C-SPAN’s annual video documentary competition for middle and high school students, awarding $100,000 in prizes.
About the C-SPAN Bus Program
The C-SPAN Bus is an interactive, multimedia mobile classroom that travels the country to engage with students, community members and elected officials at middle schools, high schools and universities, giving them an inside look at C-SPAN’s comprehensive educational and political resources. See it in action HERE.
The high-tech, interactive C-SPAN Bus comprises:
- Access to an exclusive interactive experience available on 11 large-screen tablets featuring C-SPAN programming and myriad of political and educational resources
- A smart TV and classroom area for conversations with students and teachers
- A high-definition TV production studio for taped and live programming
- A 360-degree video station featuring C-SPAN’s unfiltered coverage of high-profile events and insightful, behind-the-scenes tours of U.S. landmarks
- A D.C.-themed selfie station where visitors can share their Bus experiences through social media
The C-SPAN Bus visit also coincides with Country Day’s annual Grands & Friends’ Day, where visiting grandparents and friends enjoy a morning exploring classrooms and attending a concert performance. Visiting parents, grandparents, and friends are welcome to participate.
Please be aware that this is a community event and will not include any on-air production.